It’s not a secret that all places who dedicate themselves to food services (restaurants, food trucks, food stands), tend to generate a large amount of waste. This is something to really get worried about if we want to improve our way of living. Caring about the planet is not just the latest trend, is something that we should all be conscious about. Being able to breath safely, or just knowing that you’re giving the younger generation a decent place to live in, is simply priceless, at least for us at The Queen Pepiada it is.
Since we started to roll in business we’re proud to say that we’ve really evolved. Our beloved family has learned the importance of helping to keep the planet safe. For example, in case you haven’t noticed yet, all the utensils we use to hand or deliver our food is made out of recycled materials; it’s an amazing way to help, since they’re all biodegradable. There’s no need to keep on investing in plastic, glass or foam, science and technology have developed many different things to replace them without even missing the old. So, if you’re into the food business, cheer up and take time to get involved, start changing the way you serve all that delicious food.
Now, allow us to give you some ideas we’ve learned along the road, so you can start deciding which is the best way for you and your food to make the difference. As we just said, there’re a lot of ways to start making changes, for example:
– Change your straws: Instead of using the plastic ones, try the biodegradable straws. They’re made out of corn, bamboo and other ecological materials. These can be dissolved in landfills in less than a year.
– Offering delivery? Use compostable food containers: They can decompose right after being thrown away. And as a plus, they’re made out of renewable materials that reduce their carbon footprint.
– Recycled paper menus and chalkboards: By printing your menus on 100% post-consumer recycled paper you’ll lower the fast-growing plastic problem in the world; and if you want an even better idea, why not going old school by writing your menu on a chalkboard; it could be pretty useful if your place tends to vary its offers from time to time.
– Recycling bins: Sometimes it can be pretty hard to let go of what we and our public are used to; so, if you really need to keep using materials like: aluminum, plastic, paper, glass and cardboard, consider getting some recycling bins in order to better the process. Besides, you’ll be teaching your audience an easy way to do things right.
– Donations are a great idea: With all the hunger around the world, throwing the leftover food is never an option. Choose a charity center, food bank or shelter, and hand them all the food you won’t be able to use. Believe us, they’ll really appreciate the gesture.
And the list could go on, but these were just a few examples to awaken your eco-friendly spirit. There’s nothing to worry about here, do not go out there thinking that going green is an expensive investment, you’ll actually be surprised on how cheap it could really be. There’re million different ways you could help to heal the planet, but is up to all of us to make the first move. So, dare to make a change and roll with us through this eco-friendly adventure.